Introduction to using the manual
Please note that this manual is a work in progress!
This manual is for trainers using storytelling as a feminist approach to facilitate space for activists to tell their stories in their own voices. Participants’ stories are not mediated through another nor are they (re)presented. Through the storytelling they represent themselves. Embedded in this module is how to create stories taking into account digital safety and understanding digital safety in activism. We have arranged the modules so that they can be used together or as stand alone sections.
The sections are:
- Personal stories for transformation
- The form of a story
- Representation and safety: Embedding safety in digital storytelling
- Producing and editing a story
- Creative commons licensing, distribution and attribution
- Storytelling from remote: Safety and care in online spaces